200 life manufacturing company with core benefits program including healthcare, dental, and life.
- Employer felt the benefits program was not robust nor competitive with other manufacturing companies in the area.
- Employer did not want to spend anymore money.
- Added three voluntary products.
- Accident with Short Term Disability rider
- Critical illness
- Universal Life with Long Term Care rider
- Communicated through group and individual worksite meetings.
- 90 employees signed up for voluntary benefits.
- No hard cost to client.
- Better employee morale due to improved benefits perception.
- Re-directs “Employer must pay for all benefits” philosophy.
- More competitive benefits program.